I hear it each week from brokers throughout Costa Rica and now more and more frequently from prospective buyers that call us from all over the globe, “Why is the Dominical area (Known as Costa Ballena) real estate market so strong compared to the rest of Costa Rica?”
Of course, I could sound biased here being a permanent resident, land owner and business owner here in Costa Ballena, so I will use my best judgment to inform you with facts, not feelings….
Costa Ballena remains in “The Path of Development.” This story began, well, thousands of years ago when our amazing coastline was created. More recently, however, this area positioned itself for an amazing future and the best way to describe it is here:
- Newest highway in all of Costa Rica – we are connected to the rest of this beautiful country via perfect highways
- The best infrastructure – new cable for internet, upgraded power systems and much more
- Center for crime prevention – a very proactive community that works with the government to establish preventative measures to protect ourselves – our community is well-organized with excellent participation
- New Marina just 30 minutes away – will be the largest in all of Central America
- The best culinary experience your can find in Costa Rica and home of the Sabor de Ojochal. Visionary Entrepreneur/owners are creating a destination for foodies
- A 25-mile coastline second to none, where the mountains meet the ocean and the rain forest here is alive. Our forest is lush year round
Costa Ballena (Dominical, Uvita, Ojochal) was once at the end of the road and where most thought was too remote to consider any investment or residence living options. Those days are long gone as witnessed by the volume of people from around the globe coming here to buy and call this home.
We have two new private schools for families with children, the only national marine park in the country, the famous Whales Tail reef (which has gained a global following), a new gym with a full schedule of classes, renovated restaurants with top chefs calling this home, and much more.
While other regions of Costa Rica have enjoyed their time in the past (and will surely continue in the future), Costa Ballena is now on the global map. It is just too beautiful to not consider buying land or home here – you must see it. And you must see how we are in “The Path of Development” to appreciate how calling this place home is a sound family and investment decision.