If you love good food then head to the South Pacific this Sunday, July 7th, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. The Gran Festival Culinario promises to be a party for your palette – with a wide range of quality restaurants participating in one of the years most anticipated events in the regions culinary calendar.
Organized by El Sabor del Ojochal, this event aims to showcase the town’s culinary arts – Ojochal has become known as one of the best destinations in Costa Rica for fine foodies.
Restaurants that will be serving up some of their most delectable dishes include, Citrus, Azul, Ylang Ylang, Boca Coronado, Diquis, Exotica, Fabrizio, Mamma y Papa, Pancito Cafe and Villas Gaia.
To ensure the perfect ambience while you sample the culinary delights Chino Mora, Ken Nickell’s Band and Philippe Chapuy will be playing some chilled out tunes. For the true food aficionados in attendance there will also be a Culinary Knowledge Quiz –so what are you waiting for?
What’s on the Menu?
Looking for sneaky look at what’s on the menu? – Do any of these options make your mouth water?
* Ceviche Caribeño
* Swedish Salmon and gravlax on toast
* Vietnamese fried shrimp and pork rolls
* Beef tenderloin skewers with a red wine reduction sauce and a potato puree
* Chicken cooked in a chocolate mole sauce over rice
* Chocolate and ginger fondant
* Arroz con leche
* You will be able to taste food made from the very tree from which our village gets its name – Ojoche. And learn why they call it the miracle tree. Ojochal actually means a grouping of Ojoche trees.
.. these are just a few of the dishes that will be served on the day.
Gran Festival Culinario – Important Information
- The event will be held at the Citrus Restaurant opposite the Police Station in Ojochal.
- Entrance fee is 5,000 colones.
- “Coins” can be purchased which you can redeem for food and drink.
- Each food coin will cost 500 colones and the items for purchase range between 2 and 4 food coins.
- The drink coins will be 1500 colones. Beers and sodas will be 1 drink coin and wine will be 2 drink coins. There is a cash bar for other drinks.
- There will be food available for children and children under the age of 12 pay no entrance fee.
- For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org