Now that you have decided that you want to make the move and settle in Costa Rica, keep in mind that finding that dream home will often be driven by lifestyle desires rather than needs. In your search to find the perfect residence you may begin to look at homes that are much larger than what you really need, just because they fall within your budget.
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
– More bedrooms, means more areas to clean and maintain. Furthermore, the bigger the house and the bigger the lot the larger the budget you will need to invest in the upkeep of these areas.
– We have all dreamed of having a home surrounded by acres of land but remember how much it will cost to upkeep. The majority of large property owners in Costa Rica hire a caretaker to look after their grounds.
– If you are looking for a retreat that is far removed from civilization bear in mind how much extra gas you are going to spend going back and forth to the nearest convenience store. You may pay a little more for properties that are located closer to the amenities but this make your life so much easier in the long run – especially if you decide to sell in the future.
– If you are a young family planning to expand on your brood then keep in mind that more space means more expense in terms of painting, flooring and accessories as well as higher utility bills.
– If you are looking for a larger home also think about how much additional furniture you will need to invest in for those additional rooms from beds to bedding, light fixtures and much more.
– If you want a property with swimming pool make sure that you consider how much it will cost to maintain and secure if you have children.