You and your wife have decided that Costa Rica is where you want to be but have reached a bit of a stumbling block– you’re all for buying a home but the other half has her heart set on a condo. So which shall it be? Both have their advantages and disadvantages so here are few important factors to consider…..
Buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make in your life. And if you are looking to invest in property abroad whether it be to permanently relocate or just for a vacation retreat there are a few additional elements that need to be taken into consideration.
Of course, your choice of residence is greatly dependent on its location – but what happens if both property types are available in the area you have fallen in love with?
Points for you to consider– Buying a home in Costa Rica
* You get to decide how to renovate and spruce up the exterior of your home including the garden with only your immediate family to negotiate with.
* You want to have complete responsibility over decisions made about your Costa Rica home
* You get to enjoy the privacy that only a home can offer.
* Choose a secluded location and the only neighbors you will be able to hear are the birds and monkeys.
* There are no association fees
The Tropical Home for you – Casa las Palmas Uvita
As the sun sets on another perfect day in paradise, you shake your glass and make the ice-cubes clink in what’s left of your delicious fresh fruit cocktail. You listen for the sound of the soothing ocean roaring below and welcome the cooling breeze that rustles the tropical greenery surrounding your perfect home in paradise. Standing up to head in-doors you take one more look at your beautiful dream residence and eavesdrop on the birds in the trees settling in for the night – with Casa las Palmas, this could be your reality.
Casa las Palmas is located within an exclusive gated community with 24 hour security and fantastic walking trails. This is a home that is the perfect for a family or retired couple.
So much more than a holiday home abroad, Casa las Palmas was specifically designed for nature lovers. Positioned overlooking the South Pacific coastline, this new unique 220 sqm home sits on a total lot area of 5040 sqm and will not be on the market for long. Listed for just $525,000 there are many reasons why this is a million dollar property.
Step into Casa las Palmas, a fully equipped Bali infused style home that enjoys pride of place overlooking the South Pacific coastline. Of intelligent, functional design this residence features, with vaulted ceilings and earth toned finishes this is an inviting residence that boasts all you could need for a peaceful life in the tropics. A gourmet kitchen, dining room and ample outdoor patio space means you can enjoy the paradise that is quite literally your own back garden. Dine under the stars or sip on an early morning coffee as you watch the sun rise. The home features spacious fresh bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and wrap around balconies. The large master en-suite bathroom also has a Jacuzzi.
Points for the wife to consider– Buying a Costa Rica condo
* A condominium can offer a good location at a less expensive price.
* You will have to share the decision making regarding renovation and are required to pay what can sometimes be an expensive condo fee to cover upkeep and 24 hour security.
* You won’t need to get the lawnmower out ever again.
* Depending on the layout you may be living in close proximity to your neighbors, which for some can be a comfort, where you feel part of a community.
* Condominiums benefits from fantastic locations within easy reach of a wide range of facilities.
* Condominiums often include amenities such as a swimming pool, club area and children’s recreation area.
* Managing your own large home can sometimes be overwhelming; a condo is a hassle free solution to property ownership.
The Pick of the Condos in the South Pacific – Canto del Mar
If you are looking for a condo in Costa Rica, Canto del Mar has a fantastic unit for sale. With 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a functional distribution this is a beautiful fully furnished 130 sq m home. Priced at $399,000 it is the cheaper option of the two properties but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t boast some incredible ocean views.
Positioned within the Canto del Mar development you can walk to the beach within five minutes. Benefiting from full property management this is a “lock and go” property ensures hassle free ownership whether you want to live here permanently or enjoy as a vacation home.