You’ve picked out a few areas where you think you’d like to live – it’s now time to pick out a few homes to view. A qualified realtor will take the hassle out of your property search – with their regional expertise and general knowledge about real estate in Costa Rica going a long way to helping you find your dream property in paradise.
When you set out to find your home in property separate which features you see as essential and those amenities which you would like to have, but could live without.
Types of Home in Costa Rica
Even if you are looking for a property on the coast of Costa Rica that doesn’t mean that there are any less properties to choose from.
* Fractional ownership – very different to time shares, you get to own a fraction of the property.
* Condominiums – often recognized as hassle free ownership you benefit from 24 hour security and access to amenities including swimming pool, BBQ ranch, gym and children’s recreation area.
* Independent homes – means you have a bigger outlay when it comes to maintenance but you don’t have to worry about noisy neighbors.
* Farms – great Costa Rica property investment, especially if they have great views. Ensure you check the registry to be clear on what you are buying and ensure there is access to amenities including electricity and water.
* Apartments – ensure the smallest property you invest in is no less than two bedrooms and is centrically located.
Take into account
* Your needs, budget and personal taste, whether you want a new home or older home or even a fixer upper.
* One bedroom condominiums do not sell as quickly as two bedroom condos.
* Costa Rica homes that have great views and are well maintained are easiest to sell.
* If you are looking to acquire a property to resell don’t go for the outlandish or unusual. Traditional, less expensive, good sized homes sell best.
It can sometimes be a little overwhelming when you get presented with a lot of different properties and start the viewing process. A simple approach is to use a simple spreadsheet in excel to note down the property ID’s and what you thought where it’s most defining features.
Make the Move
Depending on your search criteria it can sometimes take months to find the right home. Rather than “sleeping on it” and making an offer the next day, be decisive and make an offer – this is especially true for properties that have just come on the market and/or are newly listed.
Reduced from $489k this beautifully designed 3 bedroom 3 bathroom home has been reduced to $359,000. Positioned in the heart of Ojochal this is a fantastic home for those either looking to generate an income from a luxury rental home or for a family looking to escape to a coastal paradise.
The home is being offered fully furnished and has a spacious one-car garage with plenty of room for storage. A simple yet nice pool and landscaping allow for fabulous outdoor living. Inside you will find Fridgidaire appliances in the kitchen as well as state-side amenities.
The stairway is nicely appointed with a patina ironwork railing. Upgrade window treatments throughout the home, elegant light fixtures and fans, granite counter tops in the kitchen and baths and air condition in the bedrooms and living area. The master bedroom is very spacious and you walk out to a large terrace with wonderful ocean views of Tortuga beach and Isla Cano (Island).