Recently, I had the pleasure of being able to spend some time with a potential client and was able to discover something new. I love the idea of being able to learn new things and always take advantage of the opportunity learn from others whenever possible.
During our time together, the client and I only saw two homes that were on her list. Both of the homes we saw were high quality. By observing her body language, it was easy to see that she was in awe of both properties. But, it was what she actually said that really caught my attention. At each property, she would tune-in the potential of that property by saying “If we did this, then we could really ‘amp-up’ the layout or the landscaping, etc.”
I’ve always enjoyed playing the guitar, so when she used that particular expression, one I actually had not heard in years, I immediately perked up and let my imagination begin to run wild. Instantly, I was transported back to the days when I would plug my guitar into my amp and really let the music rip. There are certainly a great many correlations between that scenario and the real estate industry.
If you are thinking of buying real estate in Costa Rica, below are five easy ways you can ‘amp-up’ your experience:
1. Share with others. Real estate professionals are always interested in providing the best service and value possible to their customers. With that said, we are able to do a much better job when we understand your needs. Do not hesitate to let us know what is on your mind so that we can find the best possible option to fit your needs. There may be a lot of inventory available, but when I understand your needs, I can sort through that inventory and find you the best property.
2. Stop and smell the roses. After you buy your home in Costa Rica, you will have an abundance of natural features that will become a part of your everyday life. Do not get so caught up in the purchase process that you fail to take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy Costa Rica’s breathtaking waterfalls, Whales Tail Beach, the spectacular islands, or just hanging with the monkeys. It’s a great way to get amp’d up about your new lifestyle.
3. Share resources. Have questions about surveyors, attorneys, builders, architects, or tax specialists? Let us know and we will be happy to share resources with you to ensure a seamless transaction.
4. Let’s get real. We strongly believe that part of getting to know your new home is understanding exactly what you can expect when living in Costa Rica. Have questions? Ask away! We are always happy to discuss everything from the “crime” level here to what you can expect in terms of cost of living.
5. Everyone has a story of how they got here or why they are moving here. You might be surprised to discover that my story is actually not that different from your own. Not only is my story fun and interesting, but it just might help you to get settled in more easily. I’m always happy to share.
As you can see, my prospective got me to thinking about how it is that ten years after moving to Costa Rica, I’m still amp’d up about the experience and the quality lifestyle that I and my family have here. Furthermore, my customer was clearly amp’d up as well. She’s already sent in her offer…..